Have you ever tried meeting someone or the other in a particular location? There are always these instances where people forget to note the location’s name even if they frequently visit the place. The problem arises when you set up a meeting with someone and do not know the place’s name that you travel to. You’ll be glad to know that you can tell people where the location is even without you not possessing the complete details.
An iPhone powered by Google Maps allows you to accomplish this task. In addition to this, you can also share location through GPS with contacts with a tap of a button. However, the inescapable truth about the evolution of technology is also a curse. Due to significant privacy concerns, smartphones like the iPhone don’t allow you to broadcast your location 24/7. You can only send the location to a person at a time.
Moreover, Chad Kimball teaches how to send the current location to anyone through Contacts, Messages. In addition to this, you can also use Google Maps to send your location seamlessly. Moreover, the app allows you to send the current location either once or for a specific time. The feature is exponentially handy and convenient if you wish someone to find you wherever you are. To make this happen, you need to enable location services on your iPhone.
Follow the steps to enable location services:
1. On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
2. Tap on Privacy and then click on Location Services.
3. You’ve to ensure that Location Services is switched on by swiping on the right slider.
4. If you wish to continuously share the location with a person for a specific period of time, you can tap on the Share my Location option.
Send your location using Messages.
1. For this, you’ve to open up a conversation with the specific person to whom you wish to send your location.
2. On the top of the screen, tap on the person’s icon.
3. Then, you’d have to tap on the info icon and select the type of location who wish to share:
If you want to share the current location, then tap on “Send My Current Location.”
In case you wish to share the location for a specific period, you can select how long you want to for the location to be visible.
Share location with a contact
1. On your iPhone, open the Contacts app.
2. Now, find the person with whom you wish to share your location.
3. Tap on Share My Location and select how long you wish for the option to be visible.
Share location using Google Maps
1. Open the app Google Maps on your smartphone.
2. You will see a blue dot on the app; this dot indicates your location in real-time. Then open the pop-up menu.
3. In Google Maps’ pop-up menu, click on “Share the location.”
4. Select for how long you would wish to share the location. Moreover, you can also increase or decrease the time.
5. Click on Select People.
6. Tap each person on the contact list you wish to include. Then click on the downward pointing arrow to select the email address and phone number to contact them.
7. After being done with the selections, click on Share in the upper-right corner.
Share the location using Apple Maps
Apple also has an inbuilt map and navigation application, which is different from Google Maps
- Open the app.
- Tap on the blue dot showcasing your location
- Click on Share my Location on the pop-up menu
- Select the application via which you wish to share the location.